DCDIAG Failure:  PTR record query for the 1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa. Failed…

I’m conducting some health checks on our DC’s at the moment prior to a 2012r2 upgrade next week when I ran across this failure in the results of dcdiag: (Incidentally, you  may wish to see this related post.)

1 - error

The solution was nice and simple, I took a look at the TCP/IPv4 properties for the DC in question and saw that it had a loopback address for it’s  preferred DNS server: (Note that for these screenshots I used a lab environment – your production environment is likely to have alternate DNS server IP addresses too.)

2 - loopback

To fix it, I changed the loopback address to that of the actual DC:

3 - fix

Re-running dcdiag then gave me a clean bill of health.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*